- Somatic conditions & challenging behaviour
- Model for analysis of challenging behaviour
- Top 70 somatic conditions
Is there a problem in the social system?
In a social system, people have an effect on one another. Thoughts, behaviour, feelings and expectations arise in interaction with others. There is a 'systemic problem' if the following questions are answered in the affirmative:
- Is there a disturbed relationship in the social system that includes the client (family, relatives, residential group, class, day-to-day carers and therapists)?
- Can the challenging behaviour be interpreted as a signal that there are frictions between the different people in this system and/or between these people and the client?